Clearway Energy Group LLC, Clearway Energy, Inc., and all of their subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the “Company”) is providing you with this Notice At Collection For Applicants Residing In California (“Notice”) to inform you about:
- the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects about applicants who reside in California; and
- the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice,
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person that the Company collects about its applicants, who reside in California, in their capacity as applicants for positions with the Company.
Assistance For Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please contact HR@clearwayenergy.com for assistance.
1. Identifiers And Professional Or Employment-Related Information
1.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, including the following:
- Identifiers: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, Social Security number, signature, online identifier, relationships to current employees, and Internet Protocol address.
Professional or Employment-Related Information: evaluations, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, and employment history.
1.2 Purpose of Use:
|Monitoring, Security, And Compliance:|
2. Personal Information Categories From Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e)
The Company collects categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e) (other than those already listed in “Identifiers,” above) as follows for the corresponding purposes listed below:
- Photograph and physical description: for security and internal identification purposes.
- Medical information: (a) for occupational health and safety compliance and record-keeping; and (b) to respond to an applicant’s medical emergency.
3. Characteristics Of Protected Classifications Under California Or Federal Law
The Company collects information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, and for purposes of diversity analytics.
The Company also uses this Personal Information for purposes including: (a) with respect to disability and/or medical condition, as necessary, to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation; and (b) to understand visa-sponsorship requirements.
The Company collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where collection is required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
4. Commercial Information
4.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects commercial information, including the following: records of personal property; products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
4.2 Purposes of Use: reimbursement of travel expenses.
5. Biometric Information
5.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects biometric information, including the following: fingerprints.
5.2 Purposes of Use: to conduct criminal history background checks.
6. Internet Or Other Similar Network Activity
6.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects information about applicants’ use of the Internet or other similar network activity, including the following: browsing history, search history, log in/out and activity on the Company’s electronic resources, information regarding an applicant’s interaction with an Internet web site, application, or advertisement, and publicly available social media activity.
6.2 Purposes of Use: to monitor use of the Company’s information systems and other electronic resources or information systems, to conduct internal audits, to conduct internal investigations, and to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities.
7. Geolocation Data
7.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects geolocation data, including the following: information that can be used to determine when an applicant enters or exits a work location, for example, through a visitor security badge.
7.2 Purposes of Use: to confirm that an applicant has arrived and left Company facilities when scheduled, to manage applicant-related emergencies, to monitor the safety of the applicant, and to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities.
8. Sensory Or Surveillance Data
8.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects sensory or surveillance data, including the following: voice-mails and footage from video surveillance cameras.
8.2 Purposes of Use: for purposes of communications, to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities and personnel through video surveillance, to monitor compliance with Company policies, and to provide training.
9. Non-Public Education Information
9.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects education information, including the following: academic transcripts.
9.2 Purposes of Use: to (a) evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with the Company, (b) conduct a pre-employment background check, and (c) review for visa-sponsorship requirements.
10.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects applicant preferences information, including preferred meals, seating and other travel preferences, desired working hours, desired rate of pay, and desired working conditions.
10.2 Purposes of Use: to evaluate the application for employment and for travel and event planning.
Purposes Potentially Applicable To Any Of The Categories Of Personal Information Listed Above
The Company also may use applicants’ Personal Information to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations and for legal reasons and corporate transactions. These functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- to manage and operate information technology and communications systems, risk management and insurance functions, budgeting, financial management and reporting, strategic planning;
- to manage litigation involving the Company, and other legal disputes and inquiries and to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- in connection with a corporate transaction, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status of the Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates; and
- to manage licenses, permits and authorizations applicable to the Company’s business operations.